Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Next Destination: Spain

I’ve already told you from my previous entries that my mom and my aunt love to travel. They’ve been to a lot of other countries already but they haven’t been to Spain yet. My mom and aunt wanted to travel there in the future but they need to save some more to prepare for their trip considering that my mom recently been to Canada while my aunt recently spend a wonderful trip with his beau in the US.

Spain overview



Among the things that need to consider is the
hotel they wanted to stay in. Well that won’t be much of a problem anymore because they can find the best and cheapest deals there is over the internet.

Madrid



The best two places that they want to stay when they are in Spain are
Madrid and Barcelona. Madrid, the capital of Spain, is one of the top European destination. It is home to Prado Museum – where you could find one of the world’s finest collections of European art from the 12th century to the early 19th century. You could learn a lot from visiting the museum. You could also find the Thyssen Bornemisza Museaun and the Reina Sofia Museum (where the painting Guernica by Pablo Picasso can be found). Madrid also has a rich nightlife for people who are into that lifestyle.

Barcelona



Barcelona, on the other hand, is the second largest city in Spain. My aunt Even wanted to go there because she told me that Barcelona offers a lot of venues for people who loves music and theatre. It is home of the Gran Teatre del Liceu opera theatre! She also told me that you could find very old and very beautiful buildings in Barcelona. Well if I will go to Barcelona I would definitely visit the Barcelona Cathedral, Sagrada Familia, Torre Agbar, and other great architectural sites I could find there.

Here are some very useful links that migth be useful (they have the last minute and all year round accomodations at hotels, hostels and even apartments at a cheaper deals) if you want to look for a place to stay when you are in Spain:
Hotels in Madrid, Hotels in Barcelona, and Hoteles en Barcelona.

No comments: