Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Komikon 2006 Report Part 01

I arrived at the venue (Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman Campus) 30 minutes past 7 with my officemate Elmer (who is one of the marshalls). The Komikon '06 staffs were already there. Hi's and hello's then we started preparing the area for the event.


I had a chat with Ariel Atienza regarding his future projects and my own projects and where I am it leading to. I talk about Paper Clip Komics and my peers who'll be taking the indie journey with me. This and that.


Jonas Diego greeted me while I'm preparing our indie booth for the Indie Tiangge. We chatted for quite a moment. He'd changed a lot. Wow! His company seemed to be doing very well. They (IAS) were one of the event's sponsors and they'll be having a contest: Lead Slinger Challenge. And oh, with his people around, I hardly see him joking around. Well it's been a while and those were the days.


Then Ruel Sarmiento (Third World Project) came and he was escourted by Elmer. He seemed to be so excited as this was his debut in indie scene. I am sure he will be doing just fine. He'd evolved a lot as a storyteller and as an artist. Keep it up!


Then Gerry Alanguilan came with Ilyn and komikero Zara a few moments before the start of the event. Then followed by many more exhibitors, guests and sponsors.


Ruel let me borrowed his camera so I starter shooting photos to people like Jonas, Ilyn, Zara, Gerry, Wilson, David, Gilbert, Ariel, Reno and ang dami pang iba, while he had our Paper Clip Komics banner printed out.


Then the Komikon 2006 officially started by Syeri (organizer of thr event) and the people went wild (crazy kind of wildness - therefore we are!).


2nd part of the report coming soon (with photos)...

No comments: