Sunday, August 27, 2006

7 Pencillers That I'm Currently Watching

1) Definetely Joshua Middleton... I like his linework... so clean, especially in his work on "Sky Between Branches" and "NYX." The emotions on each character and yeah perspective, he's good at it...

2) Olivier Coipel... His work on Avengers and House of M blows me away... He's a former animator so maybe that explains his consistency in every character he draws...


3) Jim Cheung of Scion and Young Avengers... I saw his work first on Scion... I was passing by Booksale and saw loads of comic books published by Crossgen and when I browse through Scion, I like his style instantly... The Scion books ranges from Php 5.00 to Php 15.00 so I bought loads of it... His linework is also clean... I like the details he put on the characters, especially on metals and clothes.. His work on Young Avengers #1 really inspires me... He's good also in creating loads of character in a page like Olivier Coipel...


4) Tony Harris of Ex-Machina... Wow!!! I love every panels... He's like Alex Ross who draws from picture... I just like how he interpret the script into art...



5) David Finch of Moon Knight... I've been checking his work since Ultimate X-Men but I was impressed on him in Moon Knight... Well, he's from Image so that's explains all the lines and hatches...


6) Steve Mcniven of Civil War... I don't really like his work on Meridian from Crossgen but when he draws the Fantastic Four, he just became a star


7) Carlo Pagulayan of Planet Hulk... Ever since Emma Frost, I've been collecting his art but Planet Hult blows me away... Especially the scene wherein Hulk fights with Silver Surfer...


So that comprises my list for now....

No comments: