Tuesday, June 07, 2005

X-RAY

I'ts been two months and a day since I become an apprentice, assigned as Process Engineer in Wirebond Department, here in Texas Instruments. I can't say that I fully enjoyed my stay but I find it very exciting and time consuming at the same time. Time consuming by the way is an advantage here if you want to waste time without even noticing it. But don't get me wrong, in just a span of 2 months, I can say that I can handle the machines very well and I am qualified in handling them w/o any assistance from any TIERS (employees of TI). I'm kind of a sad because from now on I will be assigned to do the X-ray of all the continuity rejects fond in tests - meaning all the IC's which didn't passed the test has to undergo x-ray so that they will be able to determine which part of the IC has error in it. Upon hearing the assignment, I didn't feel glad at all. In fact, I mourned. Being assigned there meaning you will have to stay in that area all by yourself for 8 hours standing. The area is so boring that it's impossible not to fall asleep even if your standing. Is this a punishment for all that I've done?

No comments: