Monday, November 28, 2005

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

I've seen the latest Harry Potter Movie on the opening day (Nov. 16, 2005). I've been dying to watch the 4th installment of Harry Potter saga come alive in the silver screen for so long because I wanted so much to see for myself how the casts and crews are able to interpret the book into a movie.

Having seen the last 3 films, I already know that there are a lot of editing had been done and I do not hide the fact that I've been disappointed in some of the way they do it in film but nonetheless, I enjoyed the past 3 films and come to love them as I love the books. Thus, I know that HP4 would be no exception. This time, there are a lot of scenes and characters that have been omitted like Mrs. Weasley. Ginny doesn't utter a single word. Dumbledore seemed crazy and seemed too strong for his old age (not to mention he sat on a corner of his office and tried to strangle Harry - not so magical for me) and his robe looked like never been wash for a decade or century perhaps. How about the scene where Hermione supposedly caught Rita Skeeter as unregestered animagus?! Then put her in the jar for making nasty gossips on the paper. There are a lot of things that I could mention. Sigh.

On the brighter side of the story, the way most of the characters deliver the script are more mature. The special effects are indeed special and most of the time breathtaking. Wow! The dragons, the girls from Beuxbaton, the maze but I love Voldemort the best. Ralph Fiennes is perfect for the role. He's so scarry. Even the children who are watching the flick were scared and some of them actually cried. Effective eh.

As a whole I give the film 4 stars... I do enjoyed it a lot... Great work...

No comments: